Cold Storage Rooms Treatment on Board Carnival Vista
Ozone has been used for decades within cold storage rooms in order to enhance the quality of the foodstuffs maintenance. The main advantages of Ozone for the preservation of foodstuffs are:
- Elimination of bacteria, viruses, moulds, spores and microorganisms in the air and on the surfaces (sanitation of the cold storage room and of the stored food);
- Lengthening of the food shelf-life, in some cases up to 70-80%;
- Reduction of smells within the cold storage room (consequent avoidance of cross-contamination between different types of food);
- Elimination of possible chemical residues remained from previous phases (cultivation and post-harvest);
- Removal of parasites normally attracted by this kind of environments (Ozone creates an inhospitable environment for insects).
As regards fruit and vegetables, the benefit of Ozone is even more evident since Ozone is able to considerably reduce ethylene (hormone responsible for ripening). Therfore, storage times are greatly lengthened and moulds/rot spreading is reduced to a minimum level.
Protea’s solutions for cold storage rooms have been chosen by the prestigious Carnival Vista, constructed in the Fincantieri shipyard of Monfalcone for the American Carnival Cruise Line.
For further information about Protea’s Ozone systems for cold storage rooms, please visit http://www.proteasrl.com/en/products/ozonizers-for-disinfection-of-cold-storage-rooms/ or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.